|Students who are interested in a scholarship for carrying out their doctoral studies at HITS gGmbH should first check the openings on our Jobs & Scholarships page and use the online application system. If you don't find anything of interest there, you are invited to submit an application with the following documents:
Please send these documents to:
- application letter
- current curriculum vitae
- title and project outline (3-5 pages)
- statement by your university supervisor (can be submitted later)
- valid confirmation of admission as a PhD student by the university (has to be provided at latest 6 months after the start of the scholarship)
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Andreas Reuter
HITS will check the application; in case of a positive decision, the applicant will receive an approval letter by HITS.
Terms and conditions of PhD scholarships
For any questions, please contact us:
- Scholarships will be awarded at a rate of 1,365 Euro/month (net) + 1,500 Euro travel expenses per year.
- For scholarship holders with a partner the scholarship increases by EUR 300.- per month, provided that the partner shares living quarters with the scholarship holder for at least three months during the scholarship and that the partner does not have any employment relationships and does not receive any regular revenues (such as parentsī money, unemployment benefit or the like).
- Scholarships are exempt from taxes in Germany; please check if any taxes are due in your home country.
- Scholarships are granted for 2 years.
- During the scholarship the recipient has to submit a valid confirmation of enrolment at university for each term.
- Depending on the status of the research project, HITS may grant an extension of the scholarship beyond two years.