|If you are interested in a postdoc research position at HITS, you should first check the openings on our Jobs & Scholarships page and use the online application system. If you don't find anything of interest there, you are invited to submit an application with the following documents:
Please send these documents to:
- application letter
- current curriculum vitae
- certificate for the PhD degree
- title and project outline (3-5 pages)
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Andreas Reuter
HITS will check the application; in case of a positive decision, the applicant will receive an approval letter by HITS.
Terms and conditions of postdoc scholarships
For any questions, please contact us:
- Maximum age at the beginning of the scholarship: 32 years.
- PhD degree not older than 3 years.
- The mark of the PhD degree must be at least “magna cum laude”; in case of unmarked PhDs, the reviews by the supervisors must confirm a scientific achievement far above average.
- Scholarships will be awarded at a rate of 2,200 Euro/month (net) + 1,500 Euro travel expenses per year.
- For scholarship holders with a partner the
scholarship increases by EUR 300.- per month, provided that the partner
shares living quarters with the scholarship holder for at least three
months during the scholarship and that the partner does not have any
employment relationships and does not receive any regular revenues (such
as parents´ money, unemployment benefit or the like).
- Scholarships are exempt from taxes in Germany; please check if any taxes are due in your home country.
- Scholarships are approved for a maximum of 2 years.
- Depending on the status of the research project, HITS may grant an extension of the scholarship of up to one more year.