- This event has passed.
Lecture: Python programming for scientists
Summer Semester 2017
Lecturer: Dr. Markus Kromer
The lecture will be taught as a block course from July 31 to August 4 in the CIP pool at Philosophenweg 12. Lecturing hours 9am to 5pm. See also the record in the LSF of Heidelberg University.
The course teaches elementary Python programming for scientists, including
- Using the IPython Notebook
- Introduction to Python
- Modules and Functions
- Introduction to Numpy and Matplotlib
- Reading/writing data from files
- Introduction to Scipy (interpolation, integration, fitting)
- Object-oriented programming
- Applying Python to scientific problems
The course material can be downloaded here https://uebungen.physik.uni-heidelberg.de/uebungen/liste.php?vorl=713