Communications Manager (f/m/d)
The BMBF-funded interdisciplinary research network LiSyM-Cancer began its work on July 1, 2021. The research network is organized in three complementary projects, SMART-NAFLD, C-TIP-HCC and DEEP-HCC, and partners from medicine, informatics, mathematical modeling, and molecular biology closely collaborate to investigate clinically relevant issues. The goal is to characterize with multiscale modeling approaches the critical “tipping points” at the transition from fatty liver disease or cirrhosis to liver tumor. Secondly, these developments aim at improving the diagnostic possibilities of early liver cancer stages. In addition, non-invasive methods for diagnosis as well as individualized therapy options are developed. In addition to the research collaborations, the BMBF is funding a dedicated program management to support the network as well as a central data management.
- Close collaboration with the programme director, the coordinators of the three research networks and the data management team at HITS.
- Establishment of a consortium agreement together with the project leaders
- Conducting regular leadership team meetings
- Preparing and organization of bi-annual progress reports in English and German language
- Organizing and maintaining an active LiSyM-Cancer website and on-line science blog
- Involved in organization of
- Conducting an annual networkmeeting (virtual or in person)
- Conducting an annual young scientists’ retreat in a secluded place
- Supporting the organization of the international conference SBMC (Systems Biology of Mammalian Cells) every two years
- Development of communication strategy
- Help to extending and implementing an innovation strategy
- Organizing a strong relationship with the international SAB (Scientific Advisory Board)
- Communication with Projektträger Jülich (PtJ)
- Preferably completed graduate studies in life sciences or science communication
- Experience in project management and regulatory demands
- Experience in scientific work in research institutions and in projects and science management
- Enjoy working in a multidisciplinary working environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management, planning, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent German and English language skills, both written and spoken
The environment of this job:
- Working in a team at HITS composed of SDBV scientists with a background in biology and biochemistry, as well as software developers and computer scientists
- Flexible working hours for an equalized work-life-balance
- The SDBV group is attractively located in the “Mathematikon” next to the Heidelberg University and University Hospital
The HITS benefits:
- Employer subsidy for cafeteria meals
- Subsidies for continuing education and training
- Various retirement and health care benfits e.g. company pension scheme, supplementary occupational health insurance
- 30 days of paid vacation
- Free beverages
- And much more
Inquiries should be addressed to PD Dr. Wolfgang Müller, Group Leader Scientific Databases and Visualization (SDBV).
Learn more about Working at HITS.
The position is available from now. To apply, please submit the following documents by 15 September 2021:
- Cover letter with possible start date and desired salary
- Curriculum vitae
We are looking forward to receiving your application.