HPC System Administration (m/f/d), HITS-01-2020
The Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies was established 2010 by
SAP co-founder Klaus
Tschira (1940-2015) and the Klaus Tschira foundation
as a private, non-profit research institute.
HITS conducts basic research in the natural sciences, mathematics and
computer science with a focus on the processing, structuring, and analyzing of
large amounts of complex data and the development of computational methods and
software. The research fields range from molecular biology to astrophysics.
We are seeking a highly motivated
HPC System Administrator (m/f/d)
to join the IT Services group at HITS as soon as
possible. Your will be part of a highly skilled team and will work with the
newest hardware and software technologies.
- installation and maintenance of the HPC environment, including hardware, operating system, network, monitoring, queuing system and scheduling software
- installation and maintenance of compilers, libraries and end-user software
- user support in HPC and Linux areas, including writing documentation
- taking part in planning and purchasing of internal HPC resources, as well as in applying for external HPC resources
Who we’re looking for:
- degree in natural sciences or computer science
- solid knowledge of Linux system administration, including shell-programming, in particular on RHEL / CentOS
- experience in the area of HPC and/or experience with the automated installation, configuration and maintenance of Linux computer farms
- familiarity with hardware and networks, ideally also with InfiniBand
- knowledge of parallel programming and cloud computing would constitute an advantage
- you love to think “out-of-the-box” to find good solutions
- you are fluent in English, the main working language at HITS
That’s what you can expect at HITS:
- a permanent contract
- continuous education and training
- employer subsidy for cafeteria meals
- lifetime working account
- company pension scheme
- supplementary occupational health insurance
- preventive healthcare
- casualty insurance
- free beverages
- and much more
We are looking forward to receiving your application. Please submit your application documents with your salary expectation and the earliest starting date only via our online application system.
For further information, please contact Dr. Bogdan Costescu (email@example.com).