Software Developer (m/f/d)
HITS is looking for a
Software Developer (m/f/d)
to join the Scientific Databases and Visualization group.
The SDBV group at HITS is a partner in LiSyM Cancer, a research network on early detection and prevention of liver cancer. HITS function is providing data management services, based on FAIRDOM SEEK, NextCloud, and OMERO. We are interfacing, and in some cases contributing to these software packages.
- Developing software in agreement with colleagues and partners, applying an agile development approach including automatic testing and test-driven development
- Installing and administering the software on servers of the SDBV
- Interacting with the diverse national and international users of tools and services, as well as with colleagues and collaboration partners worldwide
What qualifies you for this job
- A degree (university or university of applied sciences) in computer science, electronics, applied physics or similar.
- Previous experience in web engineering and software implementation is required
- Ideally, you are fluent in a convention-over-configuration framework such as Ruby on Rails or e.g., in Spring, Spring MVC or J2EE
- Fluency in English and good working knowledge of the German language are mandatory
- A problem-solving attitude, communications skills, willingness to continuously learn and work as a part of an interdisciplinary, multi-site (inter-) national team. Flexibility and an interest in science complete the profile.
The environment of this job
You will work in a dynamic research group led by PD Dr. Wolfgang Müller. You will be based at the Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies, where you will find first-class research environment and outstanding computational infrastructure The SDBV Group is attractively located in the “Mathematikon” next to the Heidelberg University and University Hospital.
- A fixed-termed position with possibility of extension depending on circumstances at the time of renewal
- An international and thriving work environment
- Extensive social benefits, such as:
- Subsidized cafeteria meals
- Job ticket
- Allowance for further training and career development
- Company pension plan and additional health care benefits
- 30 days of paid vacation
- Family-friendly working environment
Learn more about Working at HITS.
For any additional information regarding the position please contact PD Dr. Wolfgang Müller
The position is available immediately.
To apply, please submit the following documents
- Cover letter indicating earliest starting date
- Curriculum vitae
- Relevant Certificates/Diplomas
HITS gGmbH stands for equal opportunities and we strongly believe that our research benefits from inclusive and diverse teams. We are looking forward to receiving your application.