- Kinetics and thermodynamics of ligand-protein binding
- Effects of crowded cell-like environments on ligand-protein binding
- 2018 – present: postdoctoral researcher, Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies, Germany
- 2017 – PhD in Biochemistry, University of São Paulo, Brazil (thesis)
- 2013 – MSc in Biochemistry, University of São Paulo, Brazil (dissertation)
- 2010 – BSc in Biology, University of São Paulo, Brazil
- Nunes-Alves, A.; Zuckerman, D.M.; Arantes, G.M. Escape of a small molecule from inside T4 lysozyme by multiple pathways. Biophys. J., 114: 1058-1066, 2018.
- Nunes-Alves, A.; Arantes, G.M. Mechanical unfolding of macromolecules coupled to bond dissociation. J. Chem. Theory Comput., 14: 282-290, 2018.
- Nunes-Alves, A.; Arantes, G.M. Ligand-receptor affinities computed by an adapted linear interaction model for continuum electrostatics and by protein conformational averaging. J. Chem. Inf. Model., 54: 2309-2319, 2014.
- Nunes-Alves, A.; Nery, A.A.; Ulrich, H. Tobacco nitrosamine N-nitrosonornicotine as inhibitor of neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. J. Mol. Neurosci., 49: 52-61, 2013.
- Yuahasi, K.K.; Gomes, K.N.; Campos, M.; Nery, A.A.; Nunes-Alves, A.; Trujillo, C.A.; Ulrich, H. Neurotransmitters as main players in the neural differentiation and fate determination game. In: Henning Ulrich. (Org.). Perspectives of stem cells – From tools for studying mechanisms of neuronal differentiation towards therapy. Dordrecht Heidelberg London Ne: Springer Science + Business Media, ISBN 978-90-481-3374-1, p. 115-134, 2010.
Awards and Fellowships (selected)
- Capes-Humboldt Research Fellowship for postdoctoral research (2019-2021)
- CellNetworks funding for postdoctoral research (2018-2019)
- Travel award from the Biophysical Society (2014)
- Travel award from the Institute of Chemistry, University of São Paulo (2013)
- Best poster presentation in the area of Computational Biochemistry at the XLII Annual Meeting of the Brazilian Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (2013)
- Travel award from the Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco – Europe (2010)
- Best poster presentation in the area of Ion Channels and Transporters at the XXIV Annual Meeting of the Federation of Societies for Experimental Biology (2009)