Phone +49 6221 – 533 246
Gesa Schönberger was appointed managing director of HITS gGmbH on 1 January 2016.
Gesa Schönberger (b. 1968) studied nutritional sciences and home economics (ecotrophology) at the University of Giessen. In 1997, after completing her studies, she joined the staff of the Rainer Wild Foundation, Heidelberg (a foundation promoting healthy nutrition), first as a grant recipient and member of the scientific team, later (1999) as scientific director. At the same time she worked on a dissertation on the connections between nutrition and the amount of harmful substances in the blood, receiving her doctorate at the University of Giessen in 2003. In 2005 she took over as managing director of the Rainer Wild Foundation, retaining her post as scientific director. In this dual capacity she initiated and masterminded various book and media projects, took on an adjunct professorship and informed the public about healthy nutrition in various talks, panel discussions and columns. She was also active in a number of professional bodies.
Honorary posts and other activities
- Was der Mensch essen darf. Ökonomischer Zwang, ökologisches Gewissen und globale Konflikte
- [Safe Eating. Economic Constraints, Ecological Conscience, Global Conflicts, co-editor with Gunther Hirschfelder, Angelika Ploeger, and Jana Rückert-John, Springer VS, Wiesbaden 2015 (German only)
- Die Zukunft auf dem Tisch. Analysen, Trends und Perspektiven der Ernährung von morge
- [The Future on the Table. Analyses, Trends, Perspectives for Tomorrow’s Nutrition, co-editor with Angelika Ploeger and Gunther Hirschfelder, VS Verlag, Wiesbaden 2011 (German only)
- Mahlzeiten. Alte Last oder neue Lust?
- [Meals. Old Burdens or New Pleasures?, co-editor with Barbara Methfessel, VS, Wiesbaden 2009 (German only)
- Purer Genuss? Wasser als Getränk, Ware und Kulturgut
- [Pure Enjoyment? Water as a Beverage, Commodity, and Cultural Factor, co-editor with Gunther Hirschfelder, Angelika Ploeger, and Volker Pudel, Campus, Frankfurt a. M. 2009 (German only
- Nachhaltigkeit und Ernährung. Produktion – Handel – Konsum
- [Sustainability and Nutrition. Production – Trade – Consumerism, co-editor with Karl-Michael Brunner, Campus, Frankfurt a.M 2005 (German only)]