- molecular mechanisms induced by strong polyanionic sugar-protein interaction
- molecular dynamics simulations of glycoproteins
- 2021 – present: postdoctoral researcher, Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies, Germany
- 2021 – PhD in Technology for Health – Department of Information Engineering, University of Brescia (Italy)
- 2016 – MSc in Bioinformatic and Medical Biotechnology, University of Verona (Italy)
- Paiardi G, Richter S, Oreste P, Urbinati C, Rusnati M, Wade R.C. Mechanism of inhibition of SARS-CoV-2 infection by the interaction of the spike glycoprotein with heparin. rxvie: https://arxiv.org/abs/2103.07722. Submitted.
- Paiardi G, Milanesi M, Wade RC, D’Ursi P, Rusnati M. A Bittersweet Computational Journey among Glycosaminoglycans. Biomolecules 2021 11:739. https://doi.org/10.3390/biom11050739
- Bugatti A*, Paiardi G*, Urbinati C, Chiodelli P, Orro A, Uggeri M, Milanesi L, Caruso A, Caccuri F, D’Ursi P and Rusnati M. (2019) Heparin and heparan sulfate proteoglycans promotes HIV-1 p17 matrix protein oligomerization: computational, biochemical and biological implications. Scientific Reports. * Co-authorship. Scientific Reports 2019 9:15768. doi.org/10.1038/s41598-019-52201-w
- Chiodelli P, Paiardi G, Tobia, C, Urbinati C, Lodola A, D’Ursi P, Corrado M, Castelli R, Wade R.C, Tognolini M, Rusnati M. Functional interference of the Eph/ ephrin antagonist UniPR1331 on the VEGF/VEGFR2 axis, Submitted.
Awards and Fellowships
- Co-writer of PRACE (Partnership for advanced computing in Europe) -Pra20_CV54 – DyCoVin project – Dynamics and Interaction of SARS-CoV-2 and heparin.
- EMBO Short Term Fellowship (8594) to support the visit at Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies – from January 2020 to March 2020
- Guido Berlucchi grant for young researchers Mobility Programme for visiting the Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies – from April 2020 to September 2020
- BITS best poster awards – Palermo 2019. BITS- Bioinformatic Italian society.
- Contribution for training activities – Bio&B school – December 2017 CIB (InterUniversity Council Biotechnology – Trieste, Italy)